What Information do we collect?
Personally Identifiable Information
Entefy collects personally identifiable information (“PII”) via the Site and the Services. PII is any information that may be used to contact, identify or locate an individual, and includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email address and postal address. We generally collect PII under the following scenarios:
- When you choose to provide us with your PII via the Site, including when you send us an email for any reason, we use that information to respond to your request and store it in our database.
- If you provide Entefy with your email address for the purposes of receiving email notifications regarding the Services, we may also email you with information and offers from Entefy and/or third parties that we believe you may find useful or interesting. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided within the email.
- The Services may enable you to send emails to your friends. If you provide your email address or your friends’ email addresses for these purposes, we will store those email addresses, but will not use them to send promotional emails to you or your friends (unless you or your friends independently sign up to receive promotional emails from us.)
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We also collect non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”) via the Site and Services. Non-PII is information that may not, on its own, be used to identify or locate a person or entity, and includes your IP address, browser type, your computer’s operating system, which pages you view, which links you click, the amount of time you spend on certain pages and certain demographic information such as age and gender.
Entefy collects Non-PII under the following scenarios:
- When you visit the Site, our servers may automatically collect and may store Non-PII, including but not limited to your IP address, the number, frequency and duration of your visits to the Site and specific pages viewed, your browser type, your Internet Service Provider, your computer’s operating system, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Site, and information you search for on the Site. This information may be used for Site maintenance, and to enable us to enhance our products and services offered.
- When you register on the Site, our servers may automatically collect the Non-PII items described above as well as your interactions with Entefy’s staff and other registered Site users. We may retain this Non-PII in our internal system as part of your registered account. We may use this information internally to analyze the aggregate activities and preferences of our registered Site users, and to track and assess your interest in becoming a Services user.
- When you use the Services, our servers may automatically collect Non-PII including but not limited to your IP address, web pages viewed, your browser type, your Internet Service Provider, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Services, and information you search for via the Services. This information may be used for Site maintenance, to enable us to enhance our products and services offered.
- When you enable the Services on a website, we may record data related to that activity, including but not limited to the URL of the web page(s) where the Services are enabled. We use that information to help maintain and track the effectiveness of the Services.
- Non-PII is also collected from End Users who visit a web page where the Services are enabled.
- We may use certain Non-PII about your visits to this Site, other web sites and your use of the Services in order to enable us to provide products and services to you. As explained below, we use a cookie or web beacon to collect this information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We use “cookies” in connection with the Site and the Services. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer for record-keeping purposes. We use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login password for future logins to the Site and the Services. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Services to better understand how Developers and End Users interact with the Services and to monitor web traffic routing on the Site and aggregate usage of the Services. We may also use “flash cookies” to enable certain features of the Services, and to help store the non-PII we use to deliver more relevant products, services, and advertisements to you via the Site, the Services, and on other websites you may visit. We also use web beacons in connection with the Site and Services. Web beacons (also known as “1X1 pixels” or “clear GIFs”) are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the website you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Services. For more information about cookies and web beacons, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
In addition to the data collection and use practices outlined above, we may share or otherwise disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
We may share aggregated information with third parties, including the press, in order to demonstrate usage of the Services, spot industry trends, and to generate publicity for the Services. Any such aggregated information will not contain PII.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Services and/or to provide services on our behalf, (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing, maintenance, hosting and database management services, and administration). These third parties have access to PII only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated by contract not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Entefy cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Entefy or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or that poses a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
Entefy may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including PII, Non-PII, and any other information we have, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
Entefy’s Policy Toward Children
Entefy does not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If a parent or guardian believes that his or her child has provided us with PII without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with PII, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our files.
Opt-ing Out and Changing or Deleting Your Information
Changing / Deleting your Information
Anyone with a registered Entefy account may review, update, correct or delete the PII in their registration profile by logging into their account and changing the preferences associated with their account. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you’d like Entefy to delete any PII that we have on you, please send us an email to email@example.com.
If you’d like to opt-out from having Entefy collect and use your Non-PII, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you opt-out, we will place an opt-out cookie on your computer. The opt-out cookie tells us not to collect your Non-PII. Please note that if you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies, or if you use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice. Please also note that opting out in this manner will not impact the information collection practices of certain third parties or social media sites. You will need to visit the privacy policies of those third parties in order to exercise your opt-out choice as it pertains to them.
The security of your information is important to us, including but not limited to the PII collected via the Site and Services. We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect the information in our care, both during transmission and once we receive it. This may include, but is not limited to, the use of firewalls and encryption. You should know, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Site and Services may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit a product supplier, advertiser, or other third party by “clicking on” a product description, banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a product description, banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.